Engage little minds and get kids busy practicing letter and letter sound recognition with this super easy game. The only supplies you will need are:
- dry erase board
- dry erase marker
- eraser (we use a little sock)
How to Play:
Begin by choosing the letters you want to review and write them on the board. I like to work with 3 at a time. Today I am reviewing the letters p, t, and f. I always include the uppercase and lowercase letter.
The game starts with the kids being “Detectives”. They are on the hunt for letters and letter sounds.
• Say a letter or letter sound.
• The child at the board finds that letter and circles it.
• The game continues until all letters have been circled.
Now that all the letters are circled, it is time for the kiddos to become “Magicians“!
- This time the child will make the letters disappear as you call out the letter or letter sound.
- Continue with this until all letters have disappeared.
This game can easily be modified to practice other skills such as numbers and shapes.